Caffeine is so 2017. Here's some immune boosting caffeine alternatives that'll be sure to lure you from your morning brew.
GOLDEN MYLK LATTE
- 2 cups of almond milk or additive-free coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric – ground or freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup, stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (to increase absorption)
- ¼ tsp ginger – ground or freshly grated
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth or whisk together well in a small bowl.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot (but not boiling).
- Pour into your favourite mug and drink immediately!
MACA AND TAHINI LATTE
- 1 cup coconut or non dairy milk
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or a vanilla bean
- To sweeten, 1 tsp rice malt syrup, stevia or coconut syrup
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir whisking until all ingredients are combined and warmed through - but not boiling.
- Pour mix into a heat proof blender and blend until frothy.
- Top with sesame seeds.
MATCHA GREEN TEA + VANILLA LATE
- 1 teaspoon high quality Matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons hot water, just under boiling
- 1 cup almond milk, or other milk alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Sift 1 teaspoon of matcha powder into a large cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of hot water to the matcha powder, and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Warm milk (or the milk alternative of your choice, such as soy milk or almond milk) in a saucepan just until steaming, then stir in the vanilla and pour the mixture into the cup. If adding a sweetener, mix in 1 teaspoon of honey until dissolved.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
BEETROOT (RED VELVET) LATTE
- 2 cups of almond or non dairy milk
- 2 tsp beetroot latte powder
- Boiling water
- Can top with fresh grated ginger or cacao nibs
- Add 6g (one slightly heaped teaspoon) to each 250ml (8oz.) cup
- Add 30ml hot water and mix well to combine the ingredients
- Top up with freshly steamed milk or your dairy alternative of choice
- Alternatively, pour 250ml milk (or your preferred dairy alternative) into a milk jug, add the 6g Beetroot Latte Mix and steam together to blend the ingredients
I've been purchasing my beet latte powder from Jomeis Fine Foods they do a big range of vegan paleo sugar free goodies, so be sure to check it out if you are interested.
Be sure to let me know how your warming brews go!
*Golden Mylk recipe from The Fit Foodie